The Cinemalaya Foundation announced the finalists for the New Breed Full Length Feature category and the Directors Showcase for the 2014 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition.
The ten finalists for the New Breed Full Length Feature category are:
1. #Y by Gino Santos
2. 1st ko si 3rd
3. Bwaya by Francis X.E. Pasion
4. Dagitab (Sparks) by Giancarlo Lauro C. Abrahan V
5. Dayang Asu by Bor Ocampo
6. K’na, The Dreamweaver by Ida Anita Del Mundo
7. Mariquina by Milo Sogueco
8. Ronda by Nick Olanka
9. Separados by GB Sampedro
10. Sundalong Kanin by Denise O'Hara/Janice O'Hara
For the Directors Showcase, the finalists are:
1. Asintado by Louie Ignacio
2. Hari ng Tondo by Carlos Siguion-Reyna/Bibeth Orteza
3. Hustisya by Joel Lamangan
4. The Janitor by Michael Tuviera
5. Kasal by Joselito Altarejos
The themes and subject matter of the 2014 Cinemalaya finalists are diverse. Stories include the disappearance of a young girl believed to have been eaten by a crocodile in the marshlands of Agusan del Norte, a friendship among soldiers fighting the Japanese in World War II, and a T’boli epic. The films cover a range of genres, from coming of age stories, romance, epic, comedy and action.
Cinemalaya is an all-digital film festival and competition that aims to discover, encourage and honor cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers. In addition to New Breed category, which is the main competition category, and the Directors Showcase, Cinemalaya has a Short Film competition and other sections for exhibition films. Cinemalaya is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc. and Cultural Center of the Philippines.
This year, Cinemalaya will be held on August 1-10 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Greenbelt 3, TriNoma and Alabang Town Center.
Copyright © 2017 Cinemalaya. All rights reserved.